About the job
The Estimating Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Estimating Department in the solicitation of subcontractor bids, distribution of plans to qualified bidders, data entry of subcontractor proposals, proposal/bid follow up and review. The position is actively involved in daily subcontractor solicitations, database management, and RFQ/P (Request for Quote/Proposal) responses along with generating and sending quotes to clients in a timely fashion. The Estimating Coordinator reports to the Company’s President, Vice President and Pre-Construction Manager.
- Computer skills including database management and the upload/download of files from the internet
- Internet research and the ability to utilize other technology/software, as required
- Call and email vendors and subcontractors for quotes, qualifications, and other information
- Update vendor/subcontractor information in company database
- Assist in the prequalification of vendors/subcontractors
- Collect and organize subcontractor bids
- Assemble final proposals and bid submission for owners
- General assistance and support to other departments
- Other tasks as assigned and required
- 2-5 years of experience in a construction-related position
- Education criteria
- Basic knowledge of the construction award process
- Knowledge of basic construction terminology
- Excellent computer, word processing, and IT skills and proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Smart Bid, On-Screen Take Off, MS Project, and/or Procore preferred
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously, anticipate and solve problems, set priorities and meet deadlines and goals
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, time management and problem-solving skills
- Information gathering and information monitoring skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and in a team setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of individuals in a productive, collaborative manner
- Comfortable with learning new technology
- Highly discrete, professional, efficient, honest, flexible and reliable
**Please note this is not an Estimating position. This is a Coordinator position that assists the Estimator Department with all Administrative work. **
We offer an excellent compensation package and competitive benefits.
Summit Design + Build is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered.
Summit Design + Build is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters at this time.