About the job
Summit Design + Build, LLC is currently looking for a Project Manager with restaurant, retail, office, multifamily and industrial project experience to join our Tampa office. The Project Manager has the overall responsibility for managing all contractual responsibilities and has full profit and performance responsibility for all assigned construction projects.
It is the Project Managers’s sole responsibility to coordinate, lead and monitor all aspects of the project, from participation in the bid and estimating process, during pre-construction and construction, to post-construction.
In addition to interfacing with the Owner, Architect, Consultants, Subcontractors and other external project team members, the Project Manager directs all internal project team members such as the Superintendent, Project Engineer and Project Coordinator.
The Project Managers’ responsibilities run from the project schedule, budget control, shop drawing/submittal log, construction meetings, change orders, project quality control, Owner, Subcontractor and supplier contracts, and safety through punch list and client satisfaction. The overall goal is to exceed your clients’ expectations in all that you do.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managerial and administrative aspects of a project. This includes being proficient in estimating, scheduling, quality control, progress reports, progress billing, design review and coordination, cost reporting, safety, and proposal preparation.
- Work with the owner early in the process in order to facilitate the design process with the chosen design professionals.
- Ensure that an accurate and complete estimate for the project is prepared. Project Managers work closely with owners and the design team to develop preliminary concept drawings.
- Participate in the proposal meeting with the owner to review the scope of work, discuss ways to reduce costs, and provide value engineering ideas.
- Oversee the buyout process and to the selection of subcontractors.
- Conduct weekly meetings on job site.
- Coordinate with the Superintendent to ensure safety, quality control and schedule.
- Conduct progress meetings with Owners and the construction team.
- Represents company professionally in project meetings, subcontractor and field communications
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of construction-related project management experience with a general contractor.
- A proven track record of running a wide variety of project types in the $2MM – $30MM range.
- A broad range of experience with standard construction concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to effectively make sound decisions under tight deadlines.
- Ability to organize, plan and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results
- Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes. Make necessary changes, use customer input to make improvements, and meet/exceed internal and external customer expectations.
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project is required.
- Previous experience with On-Screen Takeoff, Sage CRE 300 (Timberline Project Management), Procore and Bluebeam or similar software preferred.
We offer an excellent compensation package and competitive benefits.
Summit Design + Build is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered.
Summit Design + Build is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters at this time.